Skip to main content

6 DISTINGUISHED DEFINITIONS OF SUCCESS

6 DISTINGUISHED DEFINITIONS OF SUCCESS

When we talk about a "successful" person, we're typically talking about someone who's got billions in their bank account, someone who's authored multiple bestsellers, or maybe someone who's in charge of an entire nation. However, the definitions below will explain that these achievements are not actually what makes you feel successful. 

1. Sir Richard Branson - Sir Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group, is worth some $5 billion (R60 billion). In his opinion, true success should be measured by how happy you are. 



2. Arianna Huffington - Huffington says that while we tend to think of success along two metrics — money and power — we need to add a third. She told Forbes' Dan Schawbel, "a third measure of success that goes beyond the two metrics of money and power, and consists of four pillars: well-being, wisdom, wonder, and giving." Together, those factors help you to take care of your psychological life and truly be successful, or as the title of her 2014 book, "Thrive," suggests.



3. Warren Buffett - Warren Buffett's  definition of success has nothing to do with money or fame. As James Altucher writes, the chairman of Berkshire Hathaway once told shareholders at an annual meeting: "I measure success by how many people love me."



4. Bill Gates - To Gates, success is about relationships and leaving behind a legacy. In a Reddit AMA, Gates took a tip from Warren Buffett when asked about his definition of success: "Warren Buffett has always said the measure [of success] is whether the people close to you are happy and love you."



5. Barack Obama - Obama once held the highest office in the land — but he doesn't equate power with success. At the 2012 Democratic National Convention, First Lady Michelle Obama told the audience that her husband "started his career by turning down high-paying jobs and instead working in struggling neighborhoods where a steel plant had shut down." "For Barack, success isn't about how much money you make. It's about the difference you make in people's lives."



6. Oprah Winfrey - The key is not to worry about being successful but to instead work toward being significant. She says, 'The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude. Furthermore, she adds, Money is pretty nice. I’m not going to stand up here and tell you that it’s not about money, ’cause money is very nice. I like money. It’s good for buying things. But having a lot of money does not automatically make you a successful person. What you want is money and meaning. You want your work to be meaningful. Because meaning is what brings the real richness to your life. What you really want is to be surrounded by people you trust and treasure and by people who cherish you. That’s when you’re really rich. 



So, the success does not merely mean money, wealth and fame. It also means happiness and next level up for success is happiness. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IS OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM IN THE NEED OF CHANGE?

 IS OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM IN THE NEED OF CHANGE ? Providing good and healthy education is the way to have a better future for the country by getting the youngsters ready for the future. Education has become somewhat daunting in some countries for some students because of which the students are either in depression or does not like to study and fail to finish the basic education.  First of all, i discuss the reasons as to why the education system and most importantly the education becomes a challenge for the students. I have completed my school eduction from a private school in India. I was myself a failure until the 6th standard and was scared of the education and even going to the school. As per my experience and all that i remember, i was classified as the poor student with some learning difficulties. However, it was not the problem with me but it was probably because of the strict education system which just revolved around academics without discussing the ideas and...

A SOUL ON FIRE

A SOUL ON FIRE  I STARTED YOUNG AND NOVICE WITH NO ONE TO GUIDE BUT A HOPE INSIDE I FOUGHT MY BATTLE AND CHALLENGED THE FAILURES AS IF I WAS BORN TO WIN AFTER EVERY DEFICIT I KNEW I AM A CHAMPION WHO WOULD FIGHT FOR HIS DREAMS I FELL COUNTLESS NUMBER OF TIMES BEFORE I COULD STAND STIFF CRITICISM AND CHALLENGES TRIED DISCOURAGING ME BUT I LEARNED FROM EVERYTHING THAT LIFE OFFERED ME MY SOUL WAS ON FIRE AS I COULD NOT SEE MY DREAMS BEING SHATTERED AFTER ALL, I CRAVED FOR SUCCESS MY ONLY WISH WAS MY MISSION I STARTED AS A FAILURE AND BECAME AN ACHIEVER AS I FOLLOWED MY DREAMS AND RAN AFTER SUCCESS.